(click the links for details on application procedures)
· British Medical and Dental Student’s Trust – a charity providing scholarships for medical and dental students going abroad for their electives.
· British Geriatrics Society – offers grants to medical students who wish to do a placement concerning healthcare in old age.
· Nursing Association of Jamaica – charity offering grants for health education or science students, primarily for black and minority students.
· Professional Medical Finance – a bursary is offered via Professional Medical Education.
· Royal College of Surgeons – offers the Preiskel Prize for students pursuing a career in surgery who wish to do a surgery elective in developing countries.
· Royal Society of Medicine – offers several awards and prizes through various competitions.
· Pathological Society – offers various grants to support research in pathology.
· Medical Women’s Federation – various grants and prizes offered.
· The Medic Portal – three elective prizes offered.
· Beit Trust Medical Elective Bursaries – 20 bursaries per year are offered to selected applicants who apply to go to Zimbabwe, Malawi or Zambia.
· The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland Elective Bursary – for medical students in Great Britain and Ireland who wish to focus on anaesthetics, intensive care or pain relief.
· The Iolanthe Midwifery Trust – various grants and awards available for midwifery students, including those wishing to undertake an elective abroad.
· American Academy of Family Physicians – various scholarships and funding opportunities in global health.
· Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship – a grant program that enables U.S. citizen undergraduate students of limited financial means to study or intern abroad.
· The Fund for Education Abroad – several scholarship options for undergraduate students available.
· International Clinical Elective Program Scholarship – scholarships available for 3rd and 4th year medical students wishing to do an elective abroad.
· Massachusetts Medical Society International Health Studies Grant – medical students and resident physicians members of Massachusetts Medical Society are eligible to apply for study abroad grants.
· Medical Insurance Group Australia – Electives Grants Program which provides financial support for medical students undertaking their electives in developing communities abroad.
· Auslandsaufenthalt – variety of scholarships available for medical students wishing to undertake an elective or research internship abroad.
· AuslandsBAföG – partial funding options available for studies or internships abroad.