At Pasua Health Centre you can do your healthcare elective or internship in Moshi Town, which is located in the beautiful Kilimanjaro region of northern Tanzania.
While gaining valuable work experience for your studies you will also be supporting the hardworking and friendly staff in providing healthcare for the local community, all whilst developing your intercultural skills. Electives and internships are possible for students of medicine, nursing, midwifery.
Click on the pictures
- Country: Tanzania
- City: Moshi
- Departments available for internship: Pasua Health Centre has a maternity department (ante-natal, childbirths, post-natal, family planning), an outpatient department, paediatric department, General Medicine/Internal Medicine department, CTC (Care & Treatment Clinic for HIV-positive patients), and a laboratory. Twice per week treatments for hypertension, diabetes and tuberculosis are offered. During the first week of every month the hospital runs a mental health/psychiatric outpatient service.
- Number of general practicioners at hospital: 7
- Number of specialist physicians at hospital:
- Number of assistant physicians:
- Number of nurses: 4
- Number of other specialist healthcare staff: 12
- Hospital description - further details: Pasua Health Centre is a public hospital located in the Pasua Area of Moshi Town. It typically serves Moshi residents of underprivileged social class, many of whom live close to the poverty line. The treatment costs are relatively low. Children of up to 5 years get free treatment at the centre, just like senior citizens of above 60 years.
- Number of total beds at inpatient department 60
- Approximate total annual number of outpatients The outpatient department receives around 50-80 patients every day, so between 18,250 - 29,200 patients annually.
- Typical day and tasks of an intern: Students of medicine, nursing and midwifery can do an elective placement or internship, either in just one department, or they can rotate through various departments. They will be assigned to a supervising physician or nurse who decides which examinations and treatments the student can carry out under their supervision, which might include drug administration, wound care, taking vital signs, giving vaccinations and assisting with other tasks.
The usual work hours are Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm, but it is also possible to work on weekends.
- What to bring: Interns/elective students/volunteers should bring their own scrubs (white, green or blue), closed shoes (colour doesn't matter). It is furthermore recommended to bring one's own hand disinfection liquid and one's own stethoscope. Those who want to join surgery should please bring green or blue surgery scrubs, face mask and hood.
- Minimum Age:
- Maximum Age:
- Minimum qualification of the intern: Student of relevant field.
- Documents required:
- Application process:
I'm interested in an internship at this hospital. Please send me more