At Mahatma Gandhi Mission Hospital you can do your healthcare elective or internship in a large, charitable hospital in the buzzing megacity of Mumbai. You will gain valuable work experience assisting in a modern hospital of high standards and get an insight into healthcare provision in one of the world's largest and busiest metropolises. Furthermore, you will contribute to the charitable trust's cause of offering free medical treatment to the poorest patients, whilst getting a chance to develop your intercultural skills through your daily interactions and work. Electives and internships are possible for students of medicine, nursing and midwifery.
Click on the pictures
- Country: India
- City: Navi Mumbai/Kamothe
- Departments available for internship: General Medicine, Dentistry, Physiotherapy, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Surgery, Neurosurgery, Dermatology, Paediatrics, Urology, ENT, Cardiology, Infectious Diseases, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Nephrology, and Neurology.
The dental unit has its own 6-storey building and is equipped with all modern equipment. There are around 70-80 patients per day. The 8 departments within dentistry include Oral Medicine & Radiology, Oral Surgery, Prosthodontics, Periodontics and Gum Diseases, Conservative Dentistry, Children's Dentistry, Community Dentistry und Orthodontics.
- Number of general practicioners at hospital:
- Number of specialist physicians at hospital:
- Number of assistant physicians:
- Number of nurses:
- Number of other specialist healthcare staff:
- Hospital description - further details: MGM (Mahatma Gandhi Mission) operates a hospitals of high standards in Kamothe/Navi Mumbai, which is also a teaching hospitals of the MGM University of Health Science. The charitable trust provides many poor patients free medical treatment including surgeries, medicine and stay.
- Number of total beds at inpatient department
- Approximate total annual number of outpatients
- Typical day and tasks of an intern: Interns observe and assist the staff on their ward in their daily work. After a familiarisation and orientation phase students can (depending on previous knowledge) also carry out minor treatments and activities under the supervision of the attending physicians, nurses or therapists, e.g. drug delivery, wound care, vital signs measurements, vaccinations and other assistance activities. Interns will be assigned a supervisor from the students' area of specialisation, who will decide which examinations and treatments they are allowed to carry out under supervision.
The working hours are usually from Monday to Friday from 7:30am to 3:30pm, however, it can also be arranged to do to do weekend- or night shifts.
- What to bring: Interns should bring their own hospital clothes (white, green or blue scrubs and closed shoes of any colour). It is also advisable to bring hand sanitiser and a stethoscope. Those who will enter the operating theatre should also bring green or blue surgical clothing, a surgical mask and surgical cap.
- Minimum Age:
- Maximum Age:
- Minimum qualification of the intern: Student of the relevant field (i.e. medicine, nursing or midwifery).
- Documents required: Applicants should email us, besides their resume in English, a recommendation letter from their university.
- Application process: Applicants should email us the documents mentioned above.
I'm interested in an internship at this hospital. Please send me more